Every surgical procedure, no matter how invasive, involves possible risks and complications. In addition, every penis enlargement technique has its limitations. A manâ€™s choice to undergo phalloplasty enhancement surgery is determined by weighing any risks or potential complications with the benefits. In the case of adding length and width to an under-endowed penis, the decision for many is an easy one.
Rare Male Penis Enhancement Post OP Symptoms
Most patients go through post-op recovery without any adverse reactions but if any of the following symptoms occur after surgery, contact the surgeon, your attending physician or hospital emergency immediately:
- Adverse reaction to the general anesthesia
- Excessive bleeding, inadequate coagulating
- Sharp, intense pain at surgical site
- Chest pains, cardiovascular symptoms
- Shortness of breath at rest
- Irregular or racing heartbeat
Possible Risks and Complications of Surgery
In the vast majority of cases, the benefits are well worth the risk. Nevertheless, since every individualâ€™s body reacts differently to the traumas of surgical procedures, it is advisable to discuss all possible risks and complications with your plastic surgeon:
- Infection. Â Though antibiotics are started days before the scheduled operation, infections still happen and may require sutures opened to allow drainage.Â
- Hemotoma.Â A fairly common accumulation of blood under the surgical site. Causes bruising and swelling, but not serious and usually resolves itself.
- Sensation.Â Usually only temporary, a decrease or numbness, or an increase in sensitivity in the penis head may be experienced.
- Anesthesia. Some men in poor general health or with known adverse reactions to general anesthesia and must instead use a local anesthesia with sedation. Men in good overall health should have no concerns.
- Necrosis. A rare occurrence, death of skin or tissue, a result of insufficient blood supply to the affected area, sometimes follows infection or severe hematoma.
Avoiding Phalloplasty Risks and Complications
Choosing a phalloplasty surgeon board certified in urological procedures, with many years of experience will allow you the best chance of having less risks occurring and a successful outcome with less possibility of complications from your surgery.