Will My Insurance Company Pay for a Tummy Tuck Surgery?
As with most elective, cosmetic procedures, your health insurance company is probably not going to cover the cost of the surgery. In fact, you should be prepared to cover the entire procedure out-of-pocket. Fortunately, many surgeons, surgical centers, and hospitals offer payment plans to facilitate the process. Also, if there is any possibility that an insurance company will cover the cost, most physicians will work with you and the insurance company to get reimbursement.
Prepare to Pay All Costs for a Tummy Tuck
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the average cost of abdominoplasty is about $5,300. This amount may vary depending on your region of the country and covers the cost of the surgeonâ€™s fees alone. Remember that the anesthesiologist and facility fees can add a thousand dollars or more to the overall price. In order to prepare to pay for the cost of a tummy tuck, it is important to get an accurate assessment of all of the fees involved. In fact, your insurer may deny payment for pain medicines and antibiotics since they are for a cosmetic procedure.
An Abdominoplasty Surgeon Can Help
Do not be embarrassed to ask about payment plans. Cosmetic plastic surgery can be expensive, including abdominoplasty. Plastic surgeons understand this and have established various ways to spread out payments over time. It may be possible to set up a payment plan without accruing interest.
Consult with a Professional
It is important to have a frank discussion about the costs of your tummy tuck surgery with your plastic surgeon. Get an accounting of all charges. Also be sure to ask about various payment options that may be offered. Abdominoplasty can be expensive, but an arrangement can be made to make it more affordable.
- Is There A Lot of Pain Associated with Abdominoplasty?
- How are Tummy Tuck Surgeries Performed?
- What are the Different Techniques for Abdominoplasty?
- What Are Some Tummy Tuck Surgery Complications and Risks?
- How Long Do the Results of Abdominoplasty Surgery Last?
- Is There A Lot of Swelling Involved After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- When Will I Be Able to Return to Work After Abdominoplasty Surgery?
- What Should I Expect Recovering from Abdominoplasty Surgery?
- When is Abdominoplasty Usually Performed?
- What to Expect from Tummy Tuck Surgery Consultation?
Dr. Marosan's unique practice philosophy is based on the belief that your treatment is more than cosmetic; it is a medical procedure that requires expertise. This philosophy is what drives him to stay abreast of the latest developments in cosmetic rejuvenation, a surgeon whose beautiful results are ...