Is There Alot of Pain Associated with Rhinoplasty?
Most people resort to rhinoplasty to improve their cosmetic appeal. For this reason, rhinoplasty is mostly performed as an elective procedure, meaning, it can be done at a date and time suitable to the patient.
Post Rhinoplasty Surgery Pain
Rhinoplasty entails significant alteration of the structures that give the nose its shape, including the bone and cartilage and it is not surprising that some pain usually results. As with any surgical procedure, this too is performed under general anaesthetic that helps numb the pain during surgery. Additionally, local anaesthetic is injected into the nose so that patients feel comfortable after the surgery.
In most cases, post-operative pain is very well managed by over-the-counter analgesics, and if required, the surgeon might prescribe stronger pain medications to help cope with increased pain. Any significant pain should subside within 24 hours, with a sensation of stuffiness lingering for up to a few weeks afterwards.
Although pain is a relative expression, it might be encouraging to note that discomfort more than pain, is what troubles patients. This discomfort is an outcome of nasal packing that is done to control bleeding. Patients experience relief once this packing is removed, typically within a day after surgery.
Swelling After a Nose Job
Depending on the complexity of the surgery, patients may experience swelling and bruising of the nose, coupled with puffiness of the face and eyes, which subsides in a few weeks.Â One could also experience difficulty breathing owing to congestion in the nasal passage. Any sudden increase in bleeding or pain should be reported to the physician.
Consult With Professional Plastic Surgeons
Nose is very delicate and hence proper post-operative care needs to be taken to reduce the chance of complications and secondary surgery. Â For best results make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.
- Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When Will I Be Able to See the Results of Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What are the Risks and Complications Associated with a Surgical Nose Job?
- What Should I Expect Post Operatively Recovering from Nose Job Surgery?
- Will My Insurance Company Pay for a Nose Job?
- How Long Does the Rhinoplasty Surgery Last?
- Is There Alot of Swelling Involved After a Nose Job?
- When Will I Be Able to Return to Work After Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Where are Nose Job Scars Located?
- What Does a Typical Nose Job Consultation Entail?